Mentorship through the Department of Agriculture, Aquaculture and Fisheries’ Agri-Industry Development & Advancement program
Assistance to producers or new entrant farmers to encourage one-on-one mentoring activities that support the strengthening of management and technical practices and skills that will enhance the viability and profitability of individual enterprises.
Eligible Activities and Level of Assistance:
Up to 70% of the Honoraria to mentor (receipts required), travel, meals, and accommodation for mentor or mentee visits to a maximum contribution of $2,000 in each fiscal year (April 1- March 31) and to a maximum of $4,000 over the duration of the program per mentee. Travel costs are not to exceed New Brunswick provincial government rates as prescribed in the Approved Travel Cost Amounts in Section 2.
Requirements to be a Mentor:
- Mentor must be located within reasonable geographic proximity to mentor (sourced from the three adjoining provinces)
- Mentors must be arm’s length from the mentee;
- Mentors must be approved by the Project Officer;
- Training plans must be approved by the Project Officer.
Requirements to be a Mentee:
- Must complete the Growing Your Farm for Profits Self-Assessment Booklet to be eligible to participate in the Mentoring Program. The booklet is available from the Department of Agriculture, Aquaculture and Fisheries.
For more information, please visit http://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/Departments/10/pdf/Services/Agriculture/AgriIndustryDevelopmentAndAdvancement.pdf